[code][/code]

Something of a personal acheivement.....

Discuss and share your customised PCs, modifications and other projects.
Phill
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Something of a personal acheivement.....

Post #1 by Phill » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:53 pm

I seem to like collecting older hardware as a few of you may or may not know. So I'd thought I'd share three of the seven builds I currently have in my man cave that I'm well, shall I say rather proud of.. (Sad but true!!) Without further ado, here's some pics I have of the finished goods....

My EVGA Classified 759 setup... I know it's a little old and now dusty around the edges, but it's one of the three, I just can't seem to get rid of. The 920 CPU that is in it seems to rock along at such a rate I never really thought I'd need to upgrade... Until this one came out....

My EVGA Classified 762 setup... Again, another golden oldie for me as with again another 920 D0 running at a lovely 4.5Ghz for the past 3/4 years, it still manages to kick out some darn impressive results although using half the power of the sun :D (Thank god for 1200w units!!) I have also now thanks to RawZ for selling another 6Gb set of the Perfect Storm G Skill ram which I bought brand new when I bought the board, which now will make 12Gb for this system!! I'll work on an extra 6Gb for the 759 if I can find some... Which now leads me onto my last one...

My EVGA Classified SR2 setup... Seeing the state of this it had to be re-built but sadly with massive home problems to which I would like to say thanks to TheMadDutchDude at this point, for just being there as a darn good mate and putting up with me this long and through all of this utterly crap time and sadly knows the situation but has helped me through and also has help me transform the above mass of mess, into this not to long ago:

This was something I saw whilst on a few review sites and back in 2009/2010 when it appeared I just wanted it..
I bought this from Ebay and travelled to Peterborough to collect back in March this year. It's packed with two hex core X5650's, they are running at a nice 3.6Ghz (over 24 threads as well, it's well a beast!!) but wow does it like to suck the juice!! I've paired it with my two 7970 Lightening cards that run at 1150/1500 everyday. With 48Gb of ram loaded in, I'm just hoping it might just about play Crysis at 1080P :D

There's currently only one possibly two upgrade plans for these rigs which are another 6Gb ram for the 759 and possible for both of the 759 and the 762, a GTX 970 each... We'll see!!

As I'd rather finish on a positive, happy note of me not talking but with a few more pictures of them altogether :D So here goes -

Thanks for looking :) Any and all comments welcome :)

Return to “Customising, Modding & Project builds”